It’s officially started. After 18 months of planning, and one failed attempt at an old story which I will later restart, I’ve finally put pen to paper. It’s only four paragraphs, but it has started. I’ve got those dreaded and hard first words on to a page and I can crack on. I’m excited by the challenge.
I’ll give you all a brief overview of what it is about. Basically:
- It’s a fantasy story (I’m not sure which branch of fantasy to categorize it in yet) which follows four characters – three siblings on one continent and one girl named Eryn on the other continent. It follows how they’re all pulled into a war by the unlawful change of a powerful king form the most powerful country.
- The main antagonist is the new king, but another surprise antagonist will later emerge…
- I plan for it to be a trilogy. All of book one is planned out, most of chapter two and the middle and ending of book three.
When I have completed and edited my first chapter, I’ll upload it here for all to read. Also, I’ll soon upload the completed version of my world map, so you can get a feel for the world.
I look forward to this journey.
Thanks for reading, and I hope you keep a check of my progress! x
- Strategies to Make You Finish That Bloody Novel (io9.com)
- Writing a novel: What’s it take? (crimsonleague.com)